Tooth brushing is the act of scrubbing teeth with a toothbrush equipped with toothpaste.Dental hygiene is the best prevention against caries and other diseases of the teeth. Healthy habits is best to adopt since childhood. Dental experts advise that the teeth should be brushed at least twice a day. In the morning and before bedtime, with some claiming that it is desirable to brush after every meal.
Healthy habits is best to adopt since childhood and experiences of dentists showed that fear of the dentist Children usually transfer their parents.
By morning brushing eliminate bacteria that had gathered overnight. Washing the teeth after every meal prevents the harmful effects of certain substances in food.
Most importantly is toothbrushing before going to bed. The food particles in the mouth at night chemically decompose and adverse effects on the teeth, because at night it secretes less saliva which makes self – cleaning the teeth. Brushing your teeth is an important part of your dental care routine.
The proper brushing technique is to:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes
Of course, brushing your teeth is only a part of a complete dental care routine. You should also make sure to do the following things:
- Clean between teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay-causing bacteria still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach. This helps remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.